The popularity of teeth whitening is rising with the popularity of cosmetic dentistry as a whole. People are beginning to care more and more about the health and appearance of their smiles, and a brighter smile is one more way they can do that. As one of the most popular dental treatments, teeth whitening is a great way to enhance your smile, giving you a look you’ll love.
If you are thinking about getting your teeth whitened, consider the following benefits:
- Improved appearance: It’s no secret that white, evenly spaced teeth create an improved overall appearance. In fact, for many people, a beautiful smile is a very attractive quality. Having whiter teeth is one tangible quality that can improve a patient’s smile, and we are happy to help them achieve this.
- Boosted self-confidence: Many patients find that having a whiter smile helps them feel more comfortable smiling in front of others. What many people don’t realize is that smiling can actually trick your brain into creating feelings of happiness. This is because smiling triggers a chemical reaction in the brain that boosts your mood, lowers stress, and even boosts the immune system. Teeth whitening is a small procedure that can make a major difference in a patient’s life.
- A healthier mouth: In addition to brightening the teeth, research has shown that the peroxide used when whitening elevates the pH level of the mouth. Having a low pH in the mouth can lead to a host of issues and creates the perfect environment for tooth decay. A low pH level is associated with a low-oxygen area, which heightens the risk of demineralization and cavities.
Learn more about the benefits of having a brighter smile by scheduling your free consultation with Studio City Orthodontist today. Call us at (818) 528-8908 today.
You might be wondering what causes tooth discoloration in the first place and what you can do to prevent it. When you come in for your regular cleaning, our team will walk you through the ways that you can protect your smile. Some of our recommendations include brushing your teeth twice daily, flossing at least once daily, rinsing with an antiseptic mouthwash, and using a whitening toothpaste. We also might discuss your dietary habits and suggest some alternatives if we notice a problematic pattern. Sadly, even patients who adhere to the strictest dentistry guidelines can be prone to yellowing, as there are some factors that are out of their control.
Some of the reasons why teeth become discolored over time include:
- Injury or trauma to the teeth
- Certain medications
- Tobacco use
- Frequent consumption of stain-inducing food and drinks like coffee, black tea, and red wine
- Excessive exposure to fluoride during tooth development
Not Your Mother’s Orthodontist
Specializing in Invisalign for Patients of All Ages
29+ Years of Experience
Premiere Invisalign Provider
Five-Star Compassionate Care
Whether you have questions or you're ready to get started, our team is ready to help. Complete our form or contact us today at 818-528-8908